Recent Posts

sábado, 21 de janeiro de 2012

Serie Enterprising Women - For a totaly sun shine! Sunbeam 1 - Nyasha Bralock



This is my new project about entrepreneur... so i will interview women around the world and show their amazing work for a better life. My first SUPER WOMAN is Nyasha Bralock!



1. What is your occupation? 
What do you like to do in your free time?

I currently work as a youth coordinator for a youth ministry at a church in Brooklyn, NY. I also work part time as a tour manager for a gospel artist management company. I just finished a 60 day US tour with Gospel artist such as Mali Music, Da' T.R.U.T.H, B.Reith, and more. It was a lot of hard work but it was so much fun!

In my free time I love to relax and enjoy my friends and family! I enjoy watching a good movie at home, reading and drinking coffee at a nearby cafe, or enjoying dinner with friends, I love things that are low key.



2. What make you feel strong and confident ?


I feel strong and confident when I'm doing things that I'm good at. I think that we are all naturally gifted in certain areas. Some people are great at writing, some people work really good with kids, and others may excel at speaking in public. When you find out what areas are your strengths and you get to consistently operate in those strengths (whether at work, home, ministry or in your community) then i think it brings you happiness and makes you feel strong and confident.


3. What is a perfect day for you ?



Perfect day for me is spending time with close friends and family while enjoying a fun activity or visiting a cool place. I recently went to the Griffith Observatory with my mom and cousin in Los Angeles. It's like a museum and center on top of a mountian where you can see all of Los Angeles, the views are breath-taking. You can also look through powerful telescopes and see different stars and even nearby planets! We then left there and went to get coffee and walked down a famous street in Hollywood. We had so much fun, definitely a perfect day.


4. How is a typical day in your life?



Well, I just moved to New York from Los Angeles, CA so daily life has changed dramatically. Now my typical day consist of me taking a subway train to work, enduring the cold weather in NY, living in an apartment with new roomates (they are very cool), and getting to know my new coworkers at my job. So far, I'm having a blast and am enjoying living in a new city.


5. Where have you been traveling? 
Whats the mean of travel in your life?



I love to travel! Besides just coming off the 60 day tour where I got to travel all the major cities on the US and Canada, I just got back from traveling in Europe for vacation. I visited London, the Netherlands, and Spain- Las Palmas in the Canary Islands. I had an amazing time. Thankfully I have friends in all of the countries I visited in Europe so I was able to enjoy life as an everyday person and not just as a tourist. I hope to go to South America and Africa again soon!



6. You seem to be very courageous, productive, motivated and independent. 
What is your secret to be successful women?

Wow, thanks for the compliment! I think the secret to being a successful woman is being the very best you! It's important to me to always grow and learn as a person.

I think the greatest thing we have as humans is our character. Even if you don't have a lot of money, a big house, or a huge career, you can always be rich in character. I spend time being honest about areas in my life that I know I need to mature in or get better at and with the help of God, mentors, friends and family, I work to grow in those areas.

I also think it's so important to set goals in your life and work hard to accomplish them. If you want to finish school, buy a home, pay off credit card debts, loose weight, etc, it's important to set a goal, and make a plan on how you will reach that goal. Having friends and mentors in your life that can keep you accountable and encourage you along the way is also very important to success.

7. What is your message
 for a better and happier life?


I think the key to a better and happier life is found in the choices we make daily. There is a scripture in the bible that says, "you will reap what you sow". And that is so true! So many times in my past I would make bad choices even when I knew better. I would date guys that I knew were no good for me, wait until the very last day of a test and spend all night cramming, waste money on nonsense, or go to different parties or clubs and get drunk and act a fool. I made these poor choices and then was surprised when I ended up with terrible consequences. 

Sometimes making good choices isn't always easy though. I remember one day realizing that even though I hated the bad consequences that I was living with (broken heart from guys, terrible grades, guilty feelings, etc), I still kept making the same bad choices anyways. It was like I just kept going in the same cycle over and over. I realized that I needed help and that's around the time I called out to God to help me because my life was a mess.

I realized that I needed a Savior to save me from myself. I then surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and it was like He helped me get out of that cycle. With His help I started to make wiser choices and He gave me the strength to turn away from things in my life that were hurting me, God and others. I can honestly say now, 5 years later, I'm the happiest I've ever been and the very best me! All because of the best choice i ever made: choosing to finally say "Yes" to God.



8.How was working in a clothingline for p4cm?

Nyasha used work in this great moviment for Christ, she was responsable for the clothes lines...
they have amazing clothes!
http://www.p4cm.com/
I have been admiring this workship for a long time... they are amazing and they amazed me!




It was an amazing! I learned so much and it was great being apart of something that was impacting so many people around the world. Sometimes it was scary because I had to learn a lot on my own and we made choices to be different even when it may have not been popular. But over all it was a great experience as the former founder/CEO of the clothing line, I no longer attend P4CM, but the experience has helped me to see that I would like to start my own business one day soon.


9. How do you create you look? 
Can you give some tips?

I love her style! So confidence!
Thats a great question, lol. I love accessories, especially in the winter. A great scarf or hat can totally make an outfit pop and also bring your own style and personality to your outfit. I think simple yet different is a tip I would give for creating your own look. I like to look through fashion magazines to see what styles are in for the season, but then I like to wear what makes me feel comfortable, chic and pretty.